proposed useful subset

Sep 26, 2010 at 9:16 PM

Hello, Thanks for the interesting tool.  I propose you further develop it to include protein and mole weight.

There are 23  letters with accompanying value.  The tool I saw in use gathered them as a sum.

Because I happen to be considering cell division anchor positions ( proposed useful to gene study),

alphabet to mole weight as smaller visual (data),, would be useful.

I have the set taped to my wall, and must continually refer to it.  It does include polar, non polar, base, acidic values.

I actually did execute some interpretative residues in this fashon, and found the result easily graphed via Excel.

The underlying form of your work seems well suited to the nomenclature of protein residue and the accompanying values of mole weight and polarity.

Thanks,

Mark M.

mcgama88@live.com

author, Protein crusher. Beta project. Protein Wing.

Favorite gene research.  spyrochete species, cell division anchor, flagella anchor

Question:  Would this tool import so as to be able to assign mole weight values to 23 alphabet residues?

May I have your permission to try?

Coordinator
Sep 27, 2010 at 4:45 PM
Hi mcgama88
Thank you for the interest in the project.

I don't know much about molecules and proteins, so you better try yourself.
You have offcause my permission to use PhysicalMeasure and enhance it as you like for you purpose.
I would like to see what you will add, and eventually include it into the public PhysicalMeasure source code.
If it is possible, you can inheritate new classes from my classes to keep things seperated.
What kind of syntax are needed for this?   Can you give a small example of an expression? Is it something like the "SI.kg" you would like?
By the way, I will soon (I hope) release a new beta version.

/KiloBravo
Dec 29, 2010 at 10:47 AM

Just curious. What is the current status of this 'proposed useful subset'? If it's just names with properties, I might decide to take a look at this. It can't be that much work.

Coordinator
Jan 5, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Hi Balder

I have not made anything on the proposed feature, so you are free to make it as your wish. Any way to use or enhance the project is very welcome.

The next thing, I am thinking to add, is some kind of a Read, Evaluate Print loop to make it interactive calculator á la the Quantity System Framework calculator.

/KiloBravo